Every year, Clare has carrot cake for her birthday. Clare likes more carrots and more spices than most, so ideally, she can bake her own cake each year.
- 4 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped nuts (peacans or walnuts, optionally toasted)
- 1 cup raisons (optional: soaked in liquor)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup coconut oil (melted) (~140 g)
- 2/3 cup butter (melted) (~125 g)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed) (115g)
- 2 packets vanilla sugar
- 4 large eggs (or 5 medium eggs)
- 2/3 cup applesauce (~175 g)
- Preheat oven to 350F/ 175 C. Prepare the chunks, wet bowl, and dry bowl.
- Add the dry bowl to the wet bowl, then mix in the chunks.
- Put into muffin forms or 2 9" round cake pans. Parchment underneath helps if you want to decorate the cakes. Bake muffins 12 minutes and cakes ~ 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean.
- Let cool. Frost with Cream Cheese frosting.