This is a quick, cheap, tasty, and healthy meal featuring ingredients I usually have on hand. You can use fresh seitan if you want, but the canned seitan is much cheaper. You can find it in many Asian groceries.
- 2 can mock pork seitan
- 2 cup bell pepper (in thin strips)
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 avocado (thinly sliced)
- 8 flour tortillas (preferably whole wheat)
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- Ready in: 30 min
- Sauté the onions and peppers in a large pan over high heat for several minutes, until they start to become soft. Meanwhile, cut the seitan into thin strips. Add the seitan to the pan. Turn the heat down to medium-high. Add 2 tbsp of water and the taco seasoning. Cook for another 5 minutes until most of the water has boiled off. Heat tortillas in the microwave. Spoon into tortillas and top with sliced avocado, fresh cilantro, and salsa of your choice.