Spinach artichoke dip is very tasty, but not that healthy, with lots of sour cream and mayonnaise. This recipe is a healthier version. I originally based it off this recipe from the yummy life. I like it with even more spinach and artichokes than they use, but I add a bit of mayonnaise, to make it slightly creamier. This recipe makes a big batch, great for a party. I also recommend trying to find a large container of artichoke hearts. I can get a 4 lb. container at my local store for about $15.
- 1 medium yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 8 ounce shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounce shredded parmesan cheese
- 8 ounce greek yogurt
- 8 ounce part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 pound artichoke hearts (drained)
- 2 pound frozen spinach (thawed)
- Saute onion and garlic for about 5 minutes over medium-high heat in large saucepan, until onion is translucent. Meanwhile, combine artichoke hearts (drained) and spinach (thawed) in food processor, and process until finely chopped. Add spinach and artichoke hearts to the saucepan and cook another 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has boiled off. Add seasonings, cream cheese, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese, and cook until cheeses are melted. Reduce heat to low. Add yogurt and mayonnaiseand cook for 1 more minute (cooking the yogurt too much tends to make it curdle).
- Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, or waffle pretzels.