This is a spicy dish with some of my favorite vegetable – bok choy and eggplant. They taste great together, especially with a spicy black bean sauce. It might seem like a lot of bok choy, but it cooks down quite a bit.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup spicy black bean sauce
- 1/4 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound lo mein noodles
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 can seitan (mock chicken) (14 oz) (drained and chopped)
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/8 cup lime juice
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 pound baby bok choy (thinly sliced)
- 2 medium eggplant
- Preparation: 30 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- Ready in: 50 min
- Chop the eggplant into 1 inch cubes, then place in a colander. Sprinkle with salt and let sit for 10-15 minutes (while preparing other vegetables). Salting the eggplant helps reduce bitterness. Prepare the sauce by mixing all the sauce ingredients together well. Cook the lo mein noodles according to the directions.
- Heat the oil over high heat in a large wok. Add the eggplant and stir-fry about 5 minutes, or until it starts to get soft a bit. Next add the onions, bell pepper and ginger and continue cooking for another several minutes. Now add the bok choy and continue cooking until it has wilted slightly (about 2 minutes). Next add the sauce and continue cooking until it thickens a bit. Finally, add in the noodles and mix well.