This one comes from Vegetarian Cooking, though I have made my own modifications. Two key points I have learned about cooking tofu: (1) press the tofu, and (2) fry the tofu. These two steps will give it a very nice texture, which is frequently the complaint of many people who do not like tofu. There’s a good chance they have never had it cooked well.
- 1 medium onion
- 2 can coconut millk
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon curry paste (or more if you like it spicier)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoon minced ginger
- 12 ounce frozen broccoli cuts
- 12 ounce frozen snap peas
- 2 pound firm tofu
- 1 cup diagonally sliced carrots
- Press Tofu. Meanwhile, place ingredients for the sauce into food processor and process briefly. Heat oil in NONSTICK skillet over high heat. Add tofu to skillet and fry until browned on all sides. Next add additional fresh vegetables and fry for several minutes, being careful not to overcook the vegetables. Next add the sauce and any frozen vegetables. Continue cooking over medium-high heat until the sauce starts to bubble. If sauce is already thick enough, serve. Otherwise add some cornstarch and water to thicken. Serve with brown rice.